Saturday, May 14, 2011

Thoughts of the sea

As i sit my mind often wonders away to a special place. blue crystal clear water, tropical breezes, and salt air. i ask my self was i a tropical islander in a former life??? The thrill of running out in a flats boat with the warm sun in my face, perched on the bow with a fishing rod in my hand seeking the hunt. Sight casting to large carribean fish that fight like demons not to give you the upper hand. it is here where i imagine my wife and kids sitting in a small thatched roof hut where i am walking up in the white sand to show them the prize i caught. the smell of fresh fruit the kids brought home this morning and a small cup of rum with ice, garnished with a little papaya. no phones, no computers, just the faint sound of steel drums coming through the palm trees. this is what i call my second home.
Capt. Andy

No comments: